viernes, 2 de octubre de 2009

Interlude II

Fink @L'Alhambra- Paris, 2-10-09


Just came back from Fink's concert, I feel like Carry Bradshow -Sex and the City's protagonist-. It's late and I'm here on my laptop.

I just want to make a report of the concert. Everytime it's deeper, I'm impressed. Before it started my friend and I went to eat some stuff before the gig, the pub next to the venue was full but we finally got some space to eat. At the entrance Mr Finian Greenall as friendly as always talking with people - probably some people he knows- giving a biiiig hug to a woman (I wish I could have one like this hihih). Seriously I wish I could come near to say something to him but I didn't dare, I didn't want to look like a desperate groupie, I actually was really impressed by the guy!

So my friend and I ate some tapas, next to an English boy, Ben Howard. A young guy full of talent who was Fink's guest, I think you should listen to his work, it sounds good, pretty voice, good guitar game, check it out.

It was my first concert in L'Alhambra a pleasant venue, small with nice acoustics, intimate, just perfect for Fink's concerts.
So they started. I have to say that I felt it different from the last concert in Le café de la danse, it started slowly this time, don't know why people were not in the mood from the beginning but a few minutes later everybody was in it. Tim Thornton the drummer was amazingly brilliant tonight: waouuuuuuuuu, the songs sounded very deep. I really loved it.
The new songs have been arranged for the gig and it has been made with talent, the audience enjoyed the "heavy dub version" of Sort Of Revolution, the way they acted was really satisfying: a very good show, the guitar version of Maker was pretty nice, Move on me was just captivating, a very silent moment where I think the audience was just admiring, it sounded intense. I just regret they did not play Q&A, but anyway, it was a real show.
The new stuff sounded great, and the stage version of these gave a rock dimension to the most soul and bluesy of Fink's albums.
I enjoyed listening a few song from Distance and Time, very good choices: Make it good was just gorgeous, Get your share too. And I was touched by the powerful and timeless Biscuits...So addictive!

I really appreciate this friendly band, always smiling, enjoying it as we do listening, I'm very grateful to them for trying to speak French and it's so zeeeexy so as the singer: a tall guy pretty handsome I recognise, I don't know why but I focused on his nose, so amazing. By the way, new Fin's haircut is very funny: we're back to the punks time!!!!!

I could have spent all night long listening the band and I'm sure I was not the only one who would, I could observe the sad faces when it was over!

Definitely Fink gets his public here in Paris, the audience was entirely conquered, the crazy frenchies were in the place tonight for the pleasure of all.

So I would like to thank them, thanks for this moment, thanks for these two hours of happiness, it has been a success, thanks for this new album and for the others too.
Momma Greenall can be proud ;)

Post Data: a very BIG UP to Tim Thornton for the amazing performance.

No hay comentarios: